|In October of ’08, Write Action inaugurated a weekly radio
show, “The Write Action Radio Hour” on WVEW, 107.7
FM, between 5 and 6 p.m. every Sunday. Listeners may also access
the show via the internet through live streaming on the WVEW
website at http://www.wvew.org/live.m3u
See more about the Write Action Radio Hour at www.writeaction.wordpress.com
Here are some of the other ways Write Action contributes
to our local community:
- Open readings are held several times a year to provide
a forum for local writers, especially writers new in the
- The Best of Write Action anthology (2003) features
many of the local authors who have read their work at Write
- The Award for Excellence in Creative Writing is presented
annually to a Brattleboro Union High School senior as part
of senior awards night.
- In 2006 Write Action awarded the first annual Marty Jezer
Award for Excellence in Journalism in honor of noted author,
journalist, and activist Marty Jezer, first president of
the Write Action board of directors, who passed away in June
- Plays an active role in planning and organizing the annual
Brattleboro Literary Festival that takes place each October.
- The annual picnic is a social event and open reading, is
a great chance to “network” and “shmooze.” and
for new arrival to the area to introduce themselves to the
- Write Action is part of Brattleboro’s Alliance For
The Arts, to help promote the literary arts in Windham County.
- Write Action has initiated an annual writers’ contest,
in collaboration with the Brattleboro Reformer.
- Collaborates with other arts organization on special creative
- The Lin Harris Seares Emergency Fund was established to
aid writers in emergency situations.
If you are not now part of our email network, but would like
to be, enabling you to receive notices about area readings,
writing groups, and other literary opportunities and events,
please send your email address to Eric at WriteAction2004@aol.com,
and you will be added to the subscriber list.